How are Disciplinary Panels selected?
The Disciplinary Panel
SAICA posted a request for CVs on the SAICA website, asking for members interested in joining the Disciplinary Panel to apply. The CVs of members in good standing and having at least 5 years’ in practice were submitted to the Nominations Committee for approval. These names were then submitted to the Board for noting.
The Professional Conduct Committee
The Professional Conduct Committee (PCC) consists of not less than three persons (including a Chairperson who is an attorney or advocate of not less than 5 years’ experience or a retired magistrate) and two members from the Disciplinary Panel. The quorum for a meeting will be two persons (the Chairperson and one member).
The Disciplinary Committee
The Disciplinary Committee consists of not less than three persons (including a Chairperson who is an attorney or advocate of not less than 10 years’ experience or a retired magistrate) and two members from the Disciplinary Panel. The quorum for a meeting will be two persons (the Chairperson and one member).
Disciplinary Panel Member Demographics
The Disciplinary Panel is representative of South African society, and therefore consists of members from all race groups, different ages and genders.
NOMINATIONS FOR THE SAICA DISCIPLINARY PANEL
As part of the rotation process necessary to sustain the disciplinary panel, SAICA calls for applications to fill vacancies on the SAICA disciplinary panel. Vacancies occur within the SAICA disciplinary panel as and when required from time to time due to the rotation of members as a result of the expiration of their involvement period or other circumstances.
SAICA is currently looking for candidates for its disciplinary panel. The specific requirements are set out below in detail.
- Applicants must hold the designation of Chartered Accountant (South Africa) and have at least 3 (three) years in practice (post-qualification experience)
- It is preferred that Applicants also hold the designation of Registered Auditor and have at least 3 (three) years in practice (post-qualification experience)
- Applicants must be In good standing with SAICA;
- Applicants must not have a disciplinary record and/or pending disciplinary action at SAICA and/or the IRBA;
- Applicants must have good general experience in practice and including in depth knowledge and experience in three (3) or more of the following areas:
- IFRS / IFRS for SME’s
- Companies Act, FAIS, FICA, Audit Professions Act
- International Standards on Auditing
- Tax Legislation
- Ethics and Governance
- King III and King IV
- JSE Listing Requirements
- SAICA Code of Professional Conduct
- Financial Management (Preparation of Financial Statements, Tax Return)
- Management of Staff / Disciplinary Procedures
- Assurance Provision or Consulting
Recommended Additional Experience
- Understanding of Law/background in Law
Please visit the SAICA website to view and apply.
Applications should reach us by no later than 17h00 on 20 April 2019.
All applicants will receive a response, albeit positive or negative.
Successful applicants will be provided with letters of appointment detailing relevant information.